Monday 21 November 2011

My Little Baker

For those following my blog long enough would know that I love to bake. And super saya ko naman when this weekend little Poj asked if he could help me. Of course little man! Let's bake away, is what I said to him.
I always try to rescue our overripe bananas by baking Banana bread which is always popular sa aking mag-Ama. 
Poj usually just watch whenever I cook or bake but this time he wanted to get his hands dirty. And I'm one to encourage him in whatever he wants to do/learn kaya go, go go =)
He was really interested and everytime I add a new ingredient he'll ask 'Ina, what's that?" I also let him decide how much raisins and walnuts he wanted. Thank goodness he didn't go overboard coz I'm not a big fan of raisins, lol. And because we always tell him whenever we cook that he needs to behave because we are busy, kaya nung araw na yun sabi din nya, "Ama, busy si Jace!" kalerky!


I let him watch me put it in the oven and explained the process to him. We set the time together and told him the timer will go off as soon as our cake is done. 


I think it was easy for him to understand coz they play 'kitchen' at nursery plus  he was given a toy kitchen for Christmas last year. And he still enjoys playing with it now.

  The smile on his face was priceless when I showed him his cake. I gave it to him when it was cool enough to touch. 


Here he is, imitating Ina wearing his own oven gloves, =)


    


And as they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating and I think my little baker is pleased! 

21 comments:

  1. ang cute naman. pwede na siyang sumali sa Junior Master Chief Pinoy Edition. hahah. me too I really love to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Your cute little boy will be next to you in baking soon!:) Sarap nyan!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Kristeta what a lovely bonding experience with you and Poj..sarap Poj banana cake nyo ni Ina..enge ako ha..hehehe..passing by Kristeta..stay happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buti pa si Poj, marunong ng mag-bake :) As soon as we get an oven, i'll try my very best to bake :) Penge ako ng recipes ha? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penege naman Poj! Naubos mo ba lahat yan? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Albert E - i do hope he grows up loving to cook, hehehe. Thanks pero baka dito ko na lang sya isali, mahal ang pamasahe! =)

    @Sagittarian - Thanks =)

    @ Sie - thanks sis. We both had fun & looking forward to the next one =)

    @ Em - Of course sis! Just let me know =)

    @ anney - yup sis, ubos na nila ng Ama nya, hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I can't wait to bake with my baby boy too! I hope he's as disciplined as him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there cute baker! hahah i love banana bread. i used to sell that before sa mga officemates. parang na miss ko ulit ang banana bread hihihi..

    ReplyDelete
  9. your little baker is so cute! so marunong na siya magbake naun? daig pa ako! haha maybe he can join little master chef!hehe=)

    ReplyDelete
  10. all out smile talaga ang little baker. si ethan pag nakakita ng butter, feeling niya magbake kami. hehe! i don't like raisins too. ang cute ng kitchen set ni poj.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ow em gee,ang cute naman ng little baker mo sis! really a nice mommy and kiddo bonding, how i wish marunong din talaga ko mag-bake ng bongga at pag dumating time na yun,i'll ask tips from you ha? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww.. look how cute our little baker is? Seriously sis ang cute cute ni poj. kakainis, gusto ko i-kiss.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Roxi - it was a great way to bond, para iba naman. I think the key is to let him watch when you do something, when he's older he'll want to imitate you. I'm sure he'll be as behaved =)

    @ Mathea - really? Hmmm, bakit nga ba walang nagbenta nyan nun sa amin? I love it kasi it's so simple! =)

    @ Mixhi - Oo nga eh, aww galing ni Ethan ah, alam na agad ang gamit sa butter. Thanks sis, he loves his kitchen kaya minsan i take it sa kitchen namin para sabay kami magluto.

    @ Mommy Jo - Thanks sis =) Ask anytime sis, im no expert but i will always try to help.

    @ Mayen - Thanks sis. Don't worry pagnakauwi kami kahit ilang kiss pwede =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ang cute ni Poj! little baker :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I encountered your blog though my daughters blog " mitchi photostory". Since I too lives outside our country ay curious ako na makakilala ng iba na sa ibang bansa din nakatira. And I began reading your blog and nakakatuwa at na feel ko ang joy mo in what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute ni little baker.... ANG CUTE!! love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Jenggai - thanks sis =)

    @ Joy - thanks a lot for visiting & for your lovely comment =)

    @ Jessica - thanks & thanks for dropping by =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. look at his face! ang cute. :)

    did you buy him the kitchen toy? kala ko for girls lang yan sis. haha.

    i want to bake too. i envy you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. young master chef at may pinag manahan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww.. nagbake din sya! Ang cuutteeee!!! PENGE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. patikim Poj.. i miss you kalokang pinay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...